Below is a list of some of the features for the IP Subnet/Supernet Calculator:
- The IP Subnet/Supernet Calculator is a 100% pure JavaTM application and can run on any
operating system which supports the Java Platform version 1.1 and above.
- The maximum possible number of Subnets and Hosts are calculated for a given IP network class and
the number of subnet bits.
- A graphical representation of the class, network, subnet and hosts bits with the 32-bit IP address is provided.
- All information is presented in both dotted-decimal and dotted-hexadecimal formats.
- For a given IP address the following are computed:
- Subnet Address Allocation Range
- Subnet Mask
- Subnet ID
- Network ID
- Host ID
- A list of subnets and the host ranges within each subnet are computed and presented in a table. Rows from this
table can be selected and copied to the system clipboard.
- The entire set of host addresses within a subnet can be viewed in a separated table. There is also a
provision to resolve the DNS names of the hosts currently in use.
- CIDR/Supernetting is supported.
For a given IP network class and the number of supernet bits, the following are computed:
- The maximum possible number of classful networks and host addresses.
- The supernet address allocation range.
- The supernet mask and route address.
- Subnet information is calculated using RFC1878: the most recent document on subnetting.
- Base converter for converting numbers between Decimal, Octal, Binary and Hexadecimal and lookup table for numbers
from 0 to 255.